We’re a creative agency who strategise and create, social impact content. With headquarters in the heart of Amsterdam, our team are in all corners of the world.
Whilst pre and post production is done from here, we collaborate with local crews in every country across the globe. Our clients are socially minded NGOs (CARE, PLAN, GAIN, UNESCO etc) or the social wing of corporates (Booking Cares, the Cartier Women’s Initiative etc) looking to communicate their impact.
From strategy to dissemination, Makmende Media is a one stop shop to help them do this. Fancy joining us?
Day to day tasks in the Creative role:
- Thinking along with clients– efficiently sorting the chaff from wheat and getting the information you need to create a creative concept to meet their needs. You’ll also be confidently guiding them to consider new ideas and angles in relation to their programmes and targets.
- Collaborating internally – we’re a small team who work closely together and you’ll be working tightly with the production, acquisition and editing departments throughout every project.
- Research for storytelling – collaborating with an international network (who are often new) to find fresh stories and angles on the ground (it’s important to know what your looking for and have lots of ideas).
- Scriptwriting in English & Dutch – you’ll spend most of your time doing this as this is a key phase for Makmende’s workflow. From films of 2 mins to 12 mins, it’s important you LOVE this aspect of the role!
- Directing from afar – most creatives are on set yet at Makmende we work long distance, clear communication and adaptive ideas and ability to direct are key.
Overseeing post production – whilst you won’t be editing yourself, you’ll be working closely with our editors to ensure the story is put together in a compelling and engaging way.Periode
Start September 2021
Contract for 6-12 months (with the intention of eventually a permanent contract).
Functie eisen / profiel
- Native Dutch speaker & high level English writing skills (scriptwriting will be done in both so this is an absolute must).
- Strong script writing skills (this is the main bulk of the work so extensive experience in scriptwriting for a range of formats and lengths is key).
- Track record of creative storytelling (experience in journalism / television / filmmaking). (we’re not looking to make stories that are told in a traditional way – we want to take things to the next level and want to see creative ideas and flare).
- Strong interest in /connection with themes related to International Development, Upcoming Markets and Sustainability, confident and familiar in our client’s key areas of expertise (a.o Gender, Climate Change, Health etc) is important to be able to think along quickly and enjoy the ride.
- Experience in film/directing/interviewing– whilst you’ll be directing from afar (not always easy for people used to being on set) it’s important you have experience and are confident in these areas (thinking visually with ideas on aesthetics).
- Interest to remain and grow internally – we work with a pool of talented freelancers on a regular basis. This advertisement is not to find another of them, we’re really looking for someone who wants to be on board internally and can help shape the company from within.
- Ability to retain and adapt creative vision under pressure – working with clients, local partners, new crews and long distances can be challenging to say the least. We need someone fast on their feet who’s able to adapt ideas and approach accordingly, without losing focus of the quality of the end product. Flexibility really is a must! Wat bieden wij?
What we offer:
- Fun environment with an open, diverse and international team.
- Contract for 6-12 months (with the intention of eventually a permanent contract).
- Creative environment with the room to grow and support to develop professionally.
- Preferably 4 days / 32 hours per week
- Competitive salary (depending on level of experience) & bonus scheme.
- Respect for your holidays (day range) and sometimes extra holiday thrown in when we feel the team needs a break.
- Headquarters a stone throw from Central Station (A Lab).
- An opportunity to work with clients who are often thought leaders in the field, and the chance to collaborate with them to help them make the world a better place. Reageren / meer informatie
Je moet inloggen
om te reageren